Telephone Counsellor Directory
Find a telephone counsellor in the UK & Ireland
Search » Gordon Wax
10 Watling Street
You haven't come this far, to come this far.
I run quite a bespoke service, because everyone has vastly different requirements that constantly change regardless of the current climate. However there must be some sort of therapeutic framework so that change, growth and all-round wellbeing has a place to emerge from. The therapeutic relationship will be one built on trust, this often taken time to be felt. But also required a commitment to each other, just like any other normal relationship. Therefor I try to explain the importance of "showing up" to therapy, both physically and metaphorically, so that your investment in self actually works.
A therapeutic environment can be quite a peculiar place to seek out and then find yourself in, however our world and all of our experiences we touch or run away from can be just that, weird! I invite you to pause and reflect upon the route of where the weirdness come from. Perhaps just picking up the phone, pressing send, or even uttering the words "I need help" feels impossible.
In therapy, bring all of your baggage, losses, failures, good bits and the unattractive parts including four letter words. This being said, if you are feeling reserved, unable to find words that hide behind feelings or actions, then we work slowly, unpacking one bag at a time, at a speed and style that is correct for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Particular areas of interest:
- Borderline personality disorders
- Benign and malignant narcissism
- Coercive control & gaslighting
- Co-dependency & colution
- Acute anxiety, depression & suicidal ideation
- Addiction & addictive behaviour
- Trauma & PTSD
- Self-esteem & personal development
- End of life, palliative care, loss & bereavement
- Relationships, interpersonal skills & active listening
- Gender and sexuality
- Health related issues, cancer, degenerative conditions & disabilities
- Religion, faith & spirituality
Qualifications and Training
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- Working with autism
£60.00 per 50 min session Individuals
£90.00 60 min session Couples
|BACP :||British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy|